World We Imagine - Part #1

World We Imagine - Part #1

There are so many people, and with each human being comes an entanglement of nuances that makes each of us even more complicated. This is why it is hard to imagine the perfect world, because I know that what is perfection for me cannot be replicated as perfection for someone else. I think, because of this, a world we can imagine is on an individual level, and it should be a world where we strive to be our best selves and are encouraged to reach our full potential. There are so many things in society that are geared towards confining our creativity and drive to fit into boxes that are driven by bigger superpowers (like the government or corporations). A perfect world is one where we live with no regrets, knowing that we are diving into our fullest selves and understanding who we are on an emotional, physical, and spiritual level - and we are able to dedicate time towards our personal goals, crafts, and ideas without fear of belittlement.

Most of us succumb to fear of the unknown, societal expectations, pressure, and perfection, which often leads us to follow familiar paths and follow the lead of others before us rather than carving our own. I think that if we are truly in touch with ourselves and our passions, we will also be more compassionate, kind, and accepting of others, and we will be more social beings with unique paths. There will no longer be a malice taint towards the world because each of us will be satisfied from within.

We all have lives, but only a few of us get to truly live them. I believe a perfect world assures this unique privilege of life, fulfillment, and happiness for all. The effects will be felt in all fabrics of our world.


Comments

  1. Hi Christine!
    I understand this is why we were put into affinity groups, but I really agree with what you wrote. I specifically appreciated your comment about living without regret. When I was writing my post, I didn't think about regret in attempting to become my best self, but as a perfectionist it's definitely something I worry about frequently. I hope that we all continue to grow up in a world that emulates something closer and closer to what you described. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine,
    Thanks for a deeply reflective read! As you might have gathered from my post, I hold creativity in high regard. Your aspiration to "dedicate time towards our personal goals, crafts, and ideas without fear of belittlement" is both valuable and rare. As we grow into a uniform society (you read The Wayfinders, so you'll be familiar with the great anthropological loss we're witnessing), we have to remember that every little burst of creativity, of uniqueness, matters, and makes a (better) world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine!

    I really like this take—you can't make the world a better place unless you've made you are first "satisfied from within." By allowing yourself to experience your passions and live the life you truly want to live, you can be happy. And once you've found this happiness within yourself, you can begin to spread it to others as well. A truly perfect world allows everyone to be the best version of themselves that they can be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consultants Uncovered: Job Description

Purely Elizabeth - AMPD Investment Proposal